Sunday, May 28, 2006

hot hot hot

It got up into the nineties today, and probably not much less than that in the store where I work... Makes for a fun shift in a shirt and tie. Then it's nice coming home to a un-air conditioned house. It's not very condusive to sleeping when the outdoor temperature is 80+ degrees after midnight. Luckily, every room here has a ceiling fan, and I have my own little fan to add to that, which makes it tolerable.

In other news, my girlfriend made it to DC today, but that's about all I know. She didn't have much time to talk when I called, but it sounds like she's already busy! I'm jealous. Iowa City is not a bad town at all, I just wouldn't mind getting out. It looks like I won't be going anywhere until I go out to Washington over the 4th. That's ok with me, it saves me money.

Also, the Royals lost today after putting up a fight with the Yankees. They gave up 6 early runs, but then the bullpen pitched 5 perfect innings while the offense tried to gid out of their early hole. It ended up a 6-5 loss, but it could've been much, much worse. Now, on to the other coast, and a series against the Oakland Athletics. I'm feeling it's time for the boys in blue to get their first road series victory.

Hope everyone out there has good Memorial Day plans. I get to work all day. yay

1 Comments:

Blogger Brady said...

Man I hear you on IC. Great place, but I definitely need to get out!

Though I don't agree on the royals, more of a twins fan if i ahve to cheer. Though I have been to many a royals game! have to say I had a blast.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home